Tool to Delete Files Permanently
File shredding- An introduction
Deletion of files and folders permanently from the system is knows as File shredding. Microsoft’s Windows operating system stores different types of user’s data in various formats generally within the hard disk drive. Other storage media are pen drive, floppy disk, USB flash drive and DVDs. When you want to delete a file or a folder permanently then you also delete data from the Recycle Bin or use Shift + Delete key but it does not simply means that the file has got deleted permanently. Those deleted files can be recovered by an unauthorized person by using a data recovery utility for illegal use.
In order to delete any file or folder, you need to use File Shredder tool. Any file or folder deleted by this software cannot be recovered in anyway. It is the best software to delete all sensitive files permanently from the system. The tool is also termed as data privacy software because it permanently deletes all the confidential data and eliminates the chances of any unauthorized access.
Features of Delete Files Permanently Software
- Ensures permanent deletion of important files and folders of system so that it cannot be recovered by any means.
- Supports both manual as well as automatic removal of files and folders from your computer system.
- Performs faultless removal of files with the help of quick and advanced algorithms.
- Equipped with multiple shredding options such as File and Folder, Recycle Bin, System Files, Free Disk Space, and Useless Files.
- Maintains the history of file shredding.
- Offers multiple shredding options such as File and Folder, Recycle Bin, System Files, Free Disk Space, and Useless Files.
- Works well with files stored on fixed storage media such as computer hard disk. However, data stored on any other storage media such as network drive, external hard disk, pen drive, etc. cannot be shredded using this software.
- Allows permanent deletion of files and folders from Internet temporary files, Recycle Bin, and Internet cookies of a Window system.
- Shreds unused files from the computer system.
- Keeps records of all shredded files and folders from the computer system in log files.
- Enriched with both manual and automatic shredding options.
- Allows creating a list of files and folders to be shredded. This list can be saved in .CFS format that can be further be loaded to continue the shredding operation.
- Embedded with powerful shredding algorithms such as Peter Gutmann (35 Passes), DoD 5220 + Peter Gutmann, US Army Ar380-19 (3 Passes), and German VSITR (7 Passes).
- Supports Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 10, Windows 2000 Server, Server, and Windows 2008 Server OS platforms.
- Offers intuitive, self-descriptive, user-friendly graphical user interface.
- Available as a free evaluation version.
- Round-the-clock technical assistance available.
Whenever a file or folder is deleted permanently from the system's hard disk, Windows sets index and segment values to NULL and mark the files and folders as deleted. By setting index and segment values to NULL, Windows make space available for other data. The deleted file can be recovered very easily using Windows Data Recovery software until the space occupied by files and folders marked as deleted is not overwritten.
The Delete Files Permanently software supports the following operating systems: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2000 Advanced Server, and Windows 2008 Server.
Evaluate the tool before purchase:
You can now evaluate the features and functionality of file shredder tool before actually purchasing it as the file shredder tool as it comes with a free trial version. You can get personal experience with this trial version for an evaluation period of 30 days. After expiry of the evaluation period, you can use the software by purchasing its license key.